Movies

Movies
It's time for the release of the Oscar Nominated Films

Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Guilt Trip (1:36) 2012

Whether you have an adult son or a doting mother, The Guilt Trip is a fun ride. Barbra Streisand and Seth Rogen team up for a cross country road trip. Andy is an organic chemist who has invented an  environment friendly household cleaner. He has appointments with companies across the country as he tries to sell ten thousand bottles. He asks his mother Joyce to accompany him for the week. Joyce, a long time widow, is thrilled. Off they go as they meet bad weather, people and potential clients. I have to admit that I thought The Guilt Trip might be a silly and somewhat crude movie. It was a delightful surprise that it was a movie with real mother son dialogue. Streisand was so effortless and delightful. There is one scene where Andy and Joyce clear the air and Streisand nails it. Andy's reaction to his mother, in many cases, was so true to life. My son Patrick was home for the holidays and wanted to see it with me. I was sidelined with a bad cold and cough and did nothing for a solid week. He had to go back to work so I went with a friend on New Year's Day. My recurring thought was that I wished I was seeing it with Patrick. We did speak about the movie later that day, I suggested that he go see it because it was a fun movie. Before I hung up, I asked him where we were going on a road trip this summer. I'll wait for his answer until he's seen the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment