Movies

Movies
It's time for the release of the Oscar Nominated Films

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Moi, Van Gogh - Van Gogh: Brush with Genius (0:39) 2009

Van Gogh: Brush with Genius is an IMax film that was screened the opening night of MOMA's Van Gogh and the colors of the night exhibit. I watched this documentary on my laptop so I missed the largeness of the IMax screen. The documentary displays many of Van Gogh's paintings with the voice over of Van Gogh telling us the story of his life and death. There are also scenes of the filmmaker shooting various locations in France. It is an odd short film but there is no denying that viewing many of Van Gogh's drawings and paintings is enjoyable. I hope I do have the opportunity to see them on a IMax screen some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment