Movies

Movies
It's time for the release of the Oscar Nominated Films

Monday, April 11, 2011

My Favorite Movie Detective

As I was scrolling through the Netflix list of Watch Instantly, the icon for one of the Charlie Chan movies came across the screen. Charlie Chan is a movie detective of the 1920s through the 1950s. My dad introduced me to Charlie Chan movies. These black and white movies were 20 to 25 years old when I first watched them in the late 1950s. I continue to watch them when I moved to North Haven and viewed them on cable television Boston's Channel 38 on Saturday morning. Several years ago, my son Patrick gave me a set of Charlie Chan movies for Christmas. I watch them on snow days. The question is why do I like these movies? I like Charlie and his family especially Number One son which was played by Keye Luke, later of Kung Fu fame. At this point, it is interesting to watch how things were back in the 1920s and 1930s. Since this is such a busy and stressful week for me, I have decided to have a Charlie Chan Film Festival at my house. I will be reviewing a Charlie Chan movie daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment